Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Project Verbal Statement

My project focuses mainly on the prevalent health problems in adults in the United States. Conceptually I had some challenges. I started by looking at each word and the symptoms of each health problem. I focused on ways I could visualize these symptoms, both in dot and words compositions. I knew tying them together wouldn't be too hard because of the nature of the theme, however, I chose to emphasize this with a medical journal background on each of the pages. Learning to use gestalt, spatial relations, and scale, I made each composition unique. I learned that all these techniques, and others, can be used to effectively communicate an idea. However, I wish I didn't get sick, because my ideas were strong, but my craft is not what I wanted it to be. If I had just a little more time, I know that I could have been more careful about some things.

No comments: