Saturday, January 31, 2009

Finalizing Book

I am close to finalizing my book. I know I have to put in connotative and denotative labels, but I don't want make my book heavy with labels. The feel of my book needs to be almost completely visual, and I think labels will interfere with that. I compromised by putting one word per page.

The way my book is set up: I have a careful documentation of my hats, front and top view, and on the opposite page I have a deeper meaning, that I connect with the hat.



1 comment:

jamie said...

There are more connotations in those photos than simply "war". What is being communicated about war (positive or negative, honoring or regret, etc)?

How can you meet the objective of informing me that you adequately understand denotations and connotations without compromising your image-heavy and impactful layout? Probably need some outside the box thinking here.