Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Infograph


We have come to the conclusion of the infograph. This was a completely new experience for me, so I learned a lot. The closest I have come to visualizing information is creating a mind map, or an outline in Word. This was a whole new cookie. First and foremost the organization of the information that makes sense both formally and conceptually was a challenge. I have learned that even after the information is organized, it is very hard to make it visually appealing. I had a lot of difficulty creating a good formal space. I learned that many little details have to be considered when creating such a complex structure. For example, I had trouble integrating the images so they made sense with the style of the infograph. A couple things I would change is, of course, the top part, I need to go through more rounds and get more feedback for it. Also, I think it would be interesting to see my infograph with a different color scheme.

No comments: