Sunday, May 3, 2009

How I Got Here: A VisCom Summary

The Object

The Icon

The Visual Inspiration

The Color Palette



This semester was a long build-up to develop cohesive and communicative system. We first started by analyzing what a system was. We then created a set of icons that could work across multiple application. In this final project we have taken those icons and applied them to a museum exhibit. This sums up the strength of our systems because we could see how effectively our choices show through. For example, I have chosen geometric shapes for my icon system, and now they have contributed by forming interesting patterns. Another example is my color palette. Because I chose to go with a more serious tone, I could focus on more serious subjects with my icons, such as poverty, death and corruption. It is easy to see the success and failure of a system in its applications.

No comments: