Sunday, March 22, 2009

Final Color Icons

Here they are.



And the color selection sheet.



After creating my set of eight icons, I expanded upon the system by bringing 2 and 3 color variations. First, I had to make the formal decision of how I would distribute the colors, without harming the original icons. At first I did this in two ways: by adding shadows to the hats, and by highlighting the an important element in each hat. In the end I decided to stick to the highlight because I felt it added another interesting element to the hats, which wasn't as present before. For the 3 color system I added the two previous directions into one, and it was even more successful. Again, I wanted a quiet hopelessness to all the hats, as if anyone who puts them on will be doomed. Or perhaps they already are.

No comments: