Sunday, March 1, 2009

Final Icon Set

Well, here it is.


There are a few design decisions that I made to unify the set. First of all, I made all the icons geometric and straight lined. I also decided to leave openings and make the lines a little off balance in all the hats to make them feel a lot more playful. Instead of them being incredibly serious hats, I thought that it would be a better connotation for them to be lighthearted. Also, because they are such different hats, making them uncharacteristically geometric helped unify them into a better system. Some discoveries that I made were how making iterations at even the final stages of refining my icons helped a lot. Also testing the icons on people who don't know what the project is about and have never seen my icons before was very beneficial. They saw things that other people missed, and were very helpful.

No comments: