Thursday, October 22, 2009

Final Advertisement Re-Design




The original piece I chose to re-design was the Levy's Rye Bread magazine ad. Through careful analysis, I came to the conclusion that the it used the ethos mode of appeal. Therefore I explored both pathos and logos, as a means of persuading the reader to buy Levy's Bread. Logos was the path I choose, however, instead of showing the bread, I chose to exclude it from the piece, only alluding to it through the placement of my type. The icons that I created had to be fun and appetizing, so I made them round and playful. The type, Chaparral, also reflected this playfulness. In the end it was logos, because it persuaded the reader that the only thing missing from the rest of the delicious ingredients was the delicious bread.

No comments: