Thursday, October 29, 2009

More Readings

This Means This, This Means That: User’s Guide to Semiotics

I thought this was quick and interesting read about Symbols. I suppose we need to take caution of how we juxtapose parts of our symbols and even symbols next to other design elements. If we don't do it correctly, the meaning could be completely misinterpreted.


Berlo Reading


Wow. That was a lot to take in. However, I think the most important thing I learned is that designers must look at every last detail, including themselves. Attitude, knowledge and one's own prejudice comes into play more often than we think. We need to be aware of these things and control them. Also, the communication model given by Berlo is very intricate. There are a lot of things I wouldn't have ever thought about, if they weren't presented in such a convincing manner.

No comments: