Friday, December 4, 2009

NA | Statement For Show Opener

Cracked Intro from Dmitri Kozlov on Vimeo.



There is a close relationship between the communication modes. The visual, is of course the most important. It gives a sense of who is who. The voice-over helps clarify and add another level of meaning to the visual channel. And the music is there to help fill the empty space with a noise that ties everything together completely. My rendering style added to the idea that this is a lighthearted comedy. It's loose, fun and a little wacky, just like the shows characters. The most important thing I learned is when working with other people, it is important to plan ahead and get your footage done early. Scheduling can become a nightmare, especially since this is finals week for EVERYONE.

2 comments:

DUSTIN MABERRY said...

C R I T I Q U E

Good job recruiting Shane as the Chef character. Excellent.

The type at the very end of your video that says: "cracked" is really not working for me. I didn't even really realize it was the name for the show because I was so pre-occupied thinking that you used some part of your expressive type from the last project and added it on the end...? Maybe this is not the case. It just has the look and feel of the last project... Still sort of expressive paper type experiment, needs to read more like a title. With the plain white background it looks more like random expressive type than the end of a show opener displaying the show's title.

And, obviously, we spoke a bit about digital craft on the cut-outs as a class earlier.

Overall, good stuff... Fine tweaking needed, and the title should be more dramatic and title-like?

Amanda Laffoon said...

greetings my friendly russian,
well from talking to you the last day or so about how totally screwed we all where yours really came together very nicely. I love the narrative you creative it is very believable and informative. I felt like i was watching miami ink or something. I like the cut out aspect of your images. However I do agree with the class that they should have alittle more white around them.The music seems to end or be cut at a weird place so you may just need to tweak it alittle. The last frame is lacking/ disconnected from the rest of the piece maybe just some background imagery, or some pattern or stylized cracked. I enjoyed the humor and it rocked....you really pulled that shit together.