Thursday, November 12, 2009

NA | Project Proposal

I want to do an introduction to a show. Particularly a cooking show. The kind of cooking show I want to do is a sitcom based around a head chef in a kitchen and his sous chefs and servers as the rest of the cast.

Why a cooking show? Welp, I'm glad you asked. First of all, because I haven't done anything like this, and because I'm interested in taking a new perspective on food. There are plenty of cooking shows(as you will see in my research), but I feel like I've got something new to bring to the table. The purpose of this will be to introduce the show, but turn it on it's head because right now all shows seem to be a reality and I want this to be more of a comedy. It would be on a network like NBC(after all, they do have the best comedies on TV, amiright?), around 7-8 in the evening, presumably surrounded by other comedies. The audience would then be middle age Americans (ages 20-40) that have probably recently come home from work.

Here's some different takes on cooking shows.

Here is Top Chef (which I secretly love), a reality TV cooking competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPsvT2AbR4c
(it wouldn't let me embed and this is the only good one I found)

Alrighty, this one is for Iron Chef. Cheesy goodness.



Okay, this one isn't a cooking show, but it's really amazing. This is the intro for Dexter, which is a show about a serial killer, who works in forensics as a blood analyst for Miami Police Department and he kills other serial killers who are bad. So he's kind of like a superhero, but also a serial killer. Keep that in mind as you watch this intro.

No comments: