Thursday, November 12, 2009

Vislang | Progress | Day 2 | Visual Research

Duck and Cover



And I know Jamie already posted this.




I watched a lot of 1950s educational films and PSAs. First of all, they're hilarious. Second, they seem to have to several things in common. Here's what I noticed:

-the actors are god awful
-the narration is stinted simple
-it's the same voice every time
-there are certain actions that the actors do (e.g. leg up on the chair)
-family and wholeness is emphasized
-adults regarded as a authority over children
-black and white(duh)
-crappy production(might have to mess up my movie digitally)
-very plain dress
+plain sweaters, plaid shirt
+khaki or black pants
+long skirts
-hair slicked back/head band
-very proper

There are other things, but they're smaller details. I hope these things will help me create a more 50s atmosphere in my movie.

No comments: